Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to Work

I officially went back to work today. It wasnt to bad, didnt cry this time like I did when I had to leave Gracie for the first time. I enjoy working - most days anyways and that I get to work with my closest and dearest friend makes it that much better.

It was a long day, trying to get my head back in the swing of things. I have been working from home since I had Sophie, but working at home is totally different, I might like it betterbc I get to do that in my pj's - haha.

It really has been a great day. I only called and checked on Sassy twice today, I think I did pretty good.
I did miss her a whole bunch, but I know that she is in the second best place other than home and that is with her Granny and Pawpaw. I am so blessed to have the wonderful in-laws that I have. My mother-in-law has kept all three of my children and is more than glad to do so. I couldnt have asked for any better in-laws than the ones I have.

This morning was crazy, trying to get me and three kids ready, plus fixing breakfast and out the door by 7 but I made it and was only 10 minutes late for work, but before I left I got the best lovin' from the sweetest thing. Sassy just smiled and tried to laugh this morning before I left, just made my day knowing that she was so happy this morning. She has really been such a good baby.

She woke up about 1:30 this morning ready to eat, She acted like she didnt want to go back to sleep. She just laid in my arms and smiled and looked around. I started to pray that the Lord would just let her go to sleep bc I was worried about how tired I would be for my first day back, then something hit me, I need to enjoy these times of just me and her and the complete quiet. I remember sitting there thinking back to when Gracie was this size and wishing she would hurry up and sleep all night, then hurry up and sit up, and walk and talk. Sometimes I would give my right arm if Gracie could be this size again and I had enjoyed all  these little moments that at the time seem so tiring and bothersome. I stopped being tired and just said Thank you Lord for this time with her. If I could just hold that moment in my head of me and her on the couch while everyone else is sleeping and I could just etch into my brain her sweet little face and the smiles she gave me at 1:30 in the morning. I know these days will be over before I know it and I will look back and wonder where they went. So im trying to enjoy my sleepless nights with her and that little bit of by ourself time. Just me and her and the Lord and all the angels that she smiles at.
So my first day back at work was blessed and it started very early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months