Monday, October 19, 2009

Praising in the Storm

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today   Matthew 6:34


I have so been slacking. In everything I am suppose to be doing. I have been struggling with storms in my life lately and have let things get to me that normally I could just blow away without a thought.
I watch "Facing the Giants" this weekend for about the 100th time. Just felt a strong urge to watch this movie Friday night. Gracie was gone to stay with a friend, Jake was occupied with some toys, Sam was relaxing in our room watching a man show like Discovery or History channel, Granny was watching Game shows and I was just wondering, so I dug out "Facing the Giants" and went in Gracie's room and turned it on.
I have watched this movie seriously 100 times, it is just a really good movie.
Things are difficult in this world. I can name so many people that I know who are struggling with huge burdens and seem to find know light at the end of the tunnel.
After watching this movie for the 100th time I got to thinking. Do we really PRAISE HIM IN THE STORM? It is so easy to thank God for the unlimited and uncountable blessings in our lifes, or to go to him when things are so hard and ask him to help us and get us out of it, but do you ever just praise him for the struggles you face.
I am working on this. I pray every day, sometimes long seemingly unending prayers, some days prayers so short I wonder does he consider it a pray or just my babble? But do I really praise him for my good days and then praise him for my bad days.


I have way to much in my life to thankful for, I have been so blessed in my life. Two children whom I love more than I ever thought possible, A husband who would give his last breathe for me, and Granny who has raised me and taken care of me even to this day, in laws who accept me as their own, a job, friends who I know I can count on, just to many things to list, but yet I let things get to me and I finally break down. Im sure my hormones right now have a huge part in my emotions at this time but I believe also that God is using this to pull me even closer to him. As close as we think we are to him we are never quiet as close as we should be.
I challenge you to look at your life and the struggles you are  facing and ask "AM I PRAISING HIM THROUGH THIS STORM"? There is a beautiful song called "Praise you in the Storm" by Jeremy Camp I believe. I love this song, I sing this song in my head all the time. It is so easy to give praise when things are going our way, but when things are hard we beg for help. Maybe we need to praise him for the struggles to, its the struggles that pull us closer to him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months