Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Ways

The gracious hand of my God is upon me     Nehemiah   2:18

Went for my diabetes screen yesterday and also had a Dr appt with Dr. McMillin. My appt with Dr McMillin went well. I have lost 2 pounds, no big deal at all. We talked about the gestational diabetes and the affects on me and the baby. Was really kinda hard to take all in, especially the part about it increasing my chances for a C-section. That makes me nervous. I have never even had an epidural and the thought of being cut open scares me to death. Im trying not to let my mind carry me there though, I know that is worst case scenario and it would also be in the best interest of Sophie if it came to that, but with all my heart I pray that a C-section will be avoided.

I started this morning checking my blood sugars.
my new best friend!!!


I have to test 4 times a day. Right now I am trying to manage with diet and so far so good. My levels both time this morning were low - yeah. Still scares me. I am watching everything I put in my mouth and pray that God will let it work well with my body so no harm will come to Sophie, right now she is my utmost concern.

My other new friend is water


That is a 20oz bottle and drink about 6 of these a day. Yes I feel like a fish. I like water but on average 120 oz of water a day, even a fish would be sick I think. At times it is really hard to drink it when all I really want is a big ole glass of sweet tea, but I know to be take care of my sugar and better take care of Sophie, the sacrifice is so worth it, but once she gets here I better have a large glass of sweet tea waiting on me, that is my only request.

I am probably going to the extreme, but I am either all or none, so when something comes up I either give it my all or I dont do it at all. I really need to work on that probably.

As far as Sophie is concerned the doc says that she is exactly where she needs to be. Last week I was measuring 2 cm larger than I should have been, yesterday I was right on target. My ultrasound estimated her to weigh about 3.7 oz, and that is right where she should weigh at this time.

So now we just wait. I go back next Wednesday so they can review my blood levels and see if anything needs to be adjusted and make sure the diet is working and that I dont need insulin shots. So pray that my food intake will be good enough to control my levels.

Also a huge thanks to my mother-in-law and father-in-law. They are letting me use one of thier meters and the strips so I would not have to buy one. The meter it self is not expensive but the strips and the sticker things are even with insurance. So I am very grateful to them for helping me out and loving me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months