Monday, July 19, 2010

Brings back Memories

I met my dad and my brother Eric on  the Gulf Coast a week ago. We had such a great time. I remember going to the coast every year for summer vacation and sometimes I would get to spend the summer down there. These are some of the best memories I have. I had an aunt who had a pool and after we would leave the beach we would go to her house and swim some more. I remember my dad taking and throwing us in the pool for hours, (was much smaller then).

I remember always going to SHARK HEADS souviner shop when we were down there and always going to the Shipyard where my unlce Doug has worked since before I was born. I love going to the shipyard at night. It is always so lit up and you can see all the boat they are building and knowing that you got to see some of the biggest battle ships before they even float on water, to me it has always been cool. I remember being there right after they brought the ship "THE COLE" into dock for repairs after the terriosts blew a hole in the side of it killing so many sailors. That I will never forget.

After my parents divorced (still stinks) trips were different but still had a great time.

Beaches were always so full and we would stay out all day.

This trip was a little different.

The beaches were not full, years have changed us all alot and now being the mother to small children and experiencing the excitement of your children playing in the sand, and playing in the ocean (somewhat) was all new.

The oil spill stopped a lot of the ocean going fun. We did make it to Gulf Shores and looked for some TAR BALLS (a strange request of my husband since he wasnt able to go) yes we found some, saved them and Gracie is planning on taking them to science lab once school starts.

Sophie got to see the ocean for the first time (and ate the sand). We ate at the famous LULU's in Gulf Shores and of course visited the ship yard where Jake stood in awe of the huge battle ships they were working on getting ready to travel to the war to help fight for our freedom.

In all it was a great trip and I got to spend some great time with my dad and brothers and sister. Me and my dad have had a distance between us for a few years, but God has mended that relationship and I see that some things are not always what others would have you believe.

Here are a few pictures of our trip, Cant wait until next year.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months