Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not ready for this

Well I officially have two kids in school.

Today was the first official day of school and so far I have not shed any tears (be proud) (but probably bc I shed them all the past 2 weeks). Jake started BIG SCHOOL today. He was really excited and did really well.

I had to go back to getting up at 5 (its been 5:45 all summer) but being the sweet little baby that she is Sophie decided that I needed an extra jump start so she woke me up at 4 (a.m. that is). Gotta love her!!!

Six a.m rolled around and much to my suprise the kids got up on the first call (oh to be like this all year) (i can dream)

Jake ran straight to get dressed, Gracie fussed about her hair, Jake played with Sophie so I could get breakfast cooked and Gracie fussed about her hair. All together and out the door 10 til 7 (hoping to beat the traffic)

Did really good, dropped Gracie off and Jake said I could take him in, but only 1 day, then he would go by himself. I agreed bc Gracie never wanted me to walk her in, she was miss independent from day one.

I made sure he could find the class room so I let him let (just to assure myself) and he did a great job getting us there. We met with the teacher and she showed him his cubby and commented on his nap mat (its really cute)


I helped him put all his things away and he kinda started to sink into his little shy hole (he always gets like that when he is uncomfortable). I stayed a few minutes and then asked him if he wanted me to stay or if I could go to work and in a low mumbled voice he said I could go to work. Was a little hard to leave, but I know that he is gonna have so much fun and meet so many new friends. Cant wait to hear all about it.



Gracie is an old pro. She got all her stuff together last night. Got up and fussed about her hair, and didnt eat any breakfast as usual. She didnt want me to walk in with her bc "SHE REMEMBERS WHERE HER CLASS IS" and she promised to make sure Jake got on the bus this afternoon.

Gracie is certainly not a little girl anymore, she will be 10 in a few weeks and I think that puts us at the beginning of the dreaded "PRE TEENS". I am most certainly not ready for that.


We said our prayers on the way to school this morning, I have really missed this part of starting my day. I pray that they both of a blessed school year and I pray also for the teachers, that they will help in guiding my children and give them the wisdom they need. I know the Lord has wonderful things in store for this year. May His protection, love and His light shine on their path and lead them in the direction He would have them to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months