Friday, April 23, 2010

Great Grandparents

The day Sophie was born was amazing. My family was there and I new later that week my grandparents(who now live on the coast bc of heath issues) were going to get to meet Sophie before they left going back. I got a phone call later this same afternoon that my Pawpaw had fallen and they were on their way to the ER in Greenwood. My Uncle had been getting them ready to travel to Tupelo to see me and the baby in the hospital when Pawpaw fell and broke his hip. I was so upset. I felt guilty for the longest time then that went to feeling upset bc I couldnt be with him to feeling guilty for wanting to be with him and not in the hospital with my brand new baby.

The day we came home from the hospital Pawpaw was scheduled to have hip surgery to repair the break. I was so upset bc I couldnt be there for that, I was worried bc he is really not strong enough for surgery and has already had 2 strokes. My plans were to go to the hospital the next day, but I had just had a baby and everyone talked me out of it. Then Sophie got sick and we ended up in the hospital with her. Pawpaw was still in the hospital and just so happened that we were on the same floor. Sophie was so sick and I was so upset about her being so sick. She went in the hospital on Wednesday and Pawpaw was transported by ambulance to the Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula for Rehab. He never got to meet Sophie. I cried for days over this.

Finally after nearly 4 months my Pawpaw and Sophie got to meet for the first time.

I love my Pawpaw so much. He is really not in the best shape these days. He has been the best Pawpaw ever. He always took time with me and Eric and Cody. He would pull us behind the lawnmower when it snowed, he would ride us on the 4 wheeler, he had this blue truck and would take us riding in it all the time. He would do absolutely anything I asked.


He is one of the strongest men I know and I know that he loves me more than anything. When he started getting sick I was there just about everyday. All of our family has moved away so I took it upon myself to do for them. I would take him to the doctors, I stayed with him for days when he had his first stroke. When they had to move to the coast I made myself sick from crying. I miss him and my Mawmaw so much.

I also miss getting to see my Aunt Ruby. Just about everytime we would go visit them she would be over there.
Just love talking to her.

My dad had also came down from Nashville to do some work on their house. They are trying to get it ready so they can put it up for sale. Im having a really hard time with that. I grew up in that house. That is the only home I ever really felt like I had. After my mom and dad got divorced I never belonged anywhere. It was either my moms house or my dads house, never my house, but being at my Mawmaw and Pawpaws I always felt comfortable and at home - like I belonged there - man divorce sucks.


I cant imagine what it will be like knowing someone else is living in "my house". It has been over a year since they really lived there but when they do come home they stay there and we go visit there and its almost like normal for a little while. But knowing that there will be no more visits there or no "going to mawmaws" is really starting to hit me hard. This whole growing up and things changing are really starting to get hard. I want to be a kid again and be at my mawmaws playing outside, feeding my aunts billy goats through the fence, picking blue berries, playing dress up, staying up late bc Mawmaw always let us stay up as late as we wanted bc she was a night owl too, and then fighting over who got to sleep with Mawmaw. I would love to go back to those days for a while.

But things change, we get older, people move away and life goes on. Now I have kids of my own and I wish everyday that they had grandparents like I had. Grandparents that want them all the time like my mawmaw and pawpaw and Granny and papa did. Grandparents like I had that made it a point to be at every possible event me and Eric ever had. I wish my kids had Grandparents that begged for them to spend the night like mine grandparents did when they would call when you walked in the door and said send them down for the weekend. I dont remember a weekend that we were not at one of my Grandparents house. I had the absolute bestest grandparents ever. I love my kids, but I look so forward to being  a grandparent so I can love my grandkids like my Mawmaw and Pawpaw and my Granny and Papa loved me.

I only cried twice in the making of this blog. I just love them so much and knowing that things will never be the same really make it hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months