Thursday, April 15, 2010

No time for style

Feeling kinda frumpy lately. I know alot of it has to do with the extra baby weight that I just cant seem to shed. Dont know if it lack of will power, being older and trying to lose weight or just dont really and truely care.

I feel like I have lost any style that I ever had. Not trying to impress anyone at all, but still would like to feel good about myself.

My best friend and I have been talking lately about style and feeling good. I know mostly it is a mental thing. I know people that look great in a tshirt and blue jeans and flip flops with their hair in a pony tail and no makeup. If I try that look I look awful.

What is style, how do you find your style and as a mom of 3 young children when do you have time for style.

I like all different looks. I like to get dressed up at times, I like to be dressed down sometimes and then the in between look at casual dressy (meaning blue jeans and nicer shirt).

I think some people are just born with style. I love the timeless look of Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn and Princess Grace

I just love the classic look of old Hollywood. I guess if I had a personal designe then I could be timeless too, but Im stuck with Catos, Old Navy and place in between.

Im a mom and a wife and I know they dont care totally how I look, or dress (except for Jake who told me the other day that I had messy hair bc I fixed it different than normal, just trying something different, I thought it was nice)

These days im lucky if I get to fix my hair and put on makeup. I have 2 pair of blue jeans that I like and I wear the craziness out of them and I have one shirt that I love and If I wasnt scared people would talk I would wear it everyday, just love the way I feel and look in it (Jodie told me to get one in every color - and yea I thought about it)

Its not really important, but it does make a difference if you feel good about yourself. I know my husband loves me the way I am but it also feels nice when I feel good and I can still turn his head.

My style now is Momma - spit up on my shoulder, blue jeans for comfort, and maybe a good hair day. But it all good in the eyes of my family.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya! Nothing in my closet was fitting, so I finally made a trip to TJ Maxx and purchased 3 pairs of capris (black, white, & khaki) and a few shirts to mix and match with them. I picked colors that I knew I already had shoes and maybe a necklace to wear with. It made me feel so much better not to have on stretchy pants! I also got some new moisturizer. My skin has been so dry since pregnancy. That is about as fashionable as I can get right now! I can't do the no make-up and ponytail either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're like me, you wear whatever is clean and not wrinkled too bad. ;) No doubt, I go to work every day with some form of Molly leftovers like baby food she blew on my shirt or drool she rubbed on my face. It's just part of it, but I think it's funny. Style goes out the window in the south anyway. It's not like we really know how to dress down here anyway. :) Be sure to pick on your mom about the flip flops she wore today (Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't seen you since baby number 3 but you ALWAYS looked VERY cute/fashionable with two youngsters so I know you can't be looking too shabby now! you are so very beautiful inside and out! i love reading your blog and the prayer blog under this one was the most precious one i've read yet! we MUST get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months