Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shots, Sinus and Complete Insanity

ONE BABY + SHOTS + ONE IMPATIENT 9 YR OLD + ONE GRANDMOTHER + 5 HOURS IN THE DOCTORS OFFICE = COMPLETE INSANITY

The day started nuts, work is crazy this week. I needed to leave work by 11:30, didnt leave until 11:50. Picked Jake up from school and realized I left my phone at work, picked up Gracie late from school, she thought I forgot about her, swung back by the office to get my phone. Wouldnt have been that big of a deal but I dont like traveling to Greenwood without it, just in case something goes wrong. Gracie wasnt feeling really good when I picked her up, she said she was sick at her stomach, so I stopped by and got us all something to eat. Had to go pick up Sassy from my mother-in-laws and drop Jake off there. By now it is 12:50 and Sophie's appt is at 1:30 and Im 30 minutes away and still have to pick up my grandmother. Pick Granny up and Gracie is still saying she is sick at her stomach. All the sudden Gracie hollors PULL OVER. Just enough time to pull over on side of the hwy before Gracie lost her lunch. Most of it made it on the outside of the car - yep - the rest of it was all down the side of the door - OMG. I stayed calm, she couldnt help being sick. After this she felt so much better.

Finally made it to Sophie's appt. This took about an hour and a half. Got 3 shots, cried and broke my heart.

Gracie's dr appt was at 3. We got there just before 3, didnt get to see the dr until after 4. Gracie is not a very patient patient. She was up and down, how much longer, what is taking so long - driving me crazy. Finally see the doctor and he tells us she has a severe sinus infection and the vessels in her nose are extremely irritated. So they do some lab work, give us 4 prescriptions and send us to the hospital to have some more blood work. This takes about another 45 minutes. While waiting at the hopital I realize that I have lost one of Gracie's prescriptions - AAAAAHHHHHH. The baby is fussy bc she is getting hungry, forgot to take the diaper bag in the hospital and Gracie is nervous about being in the hospital. Finally get done with the hospital and still have to go get her medicine.

Drop the medicine off at the pharmacy - minus the one I lost - this doesnt take long but out of the 4 prescriptions, I lose one, I get two and the last one has to be approved by our insurance before it can be filled or else I have to pay $175.00 (WHAT) forget it, I can wait one more day a let the insurance approve it. I do get the antibiotic and the cream for her nose vessels - Sam is suppose to go back tomorrow and pick up the other to medicines - I hope.

Finally make it home about 7. Sophie is fussy bc her legs are soar, and she is hungry, no one has had supper and I have not been able to nurse (so you know). Get the baby calmed down, get Gracie her medicine, start supper -(made at home pizza, doe out of a can kind - quick and easy).

Now I just want to take a long hot shower and lay in my bed and go to sleep. I think if I drank it would be a good night for a bottle of wine, but I dont do much drinking so a big glass of very cold milk will suit me just fine - might even do some oreos - sounds better than wine anyways.

Maybe tomorrow will be easy!!!!
OH WOA IS ME


Hopefully these antibiotics will make her start to feel better

JOYS OF BEING A MOTHER!! BEST JOB IN THE WORLD (even if it is crazy sometimes)
Gotta love em'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months