Friday, July 31, 2009

"God's Way"

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

I listen to Rick & Bubba every morning on my way to work. They just have good clean fun and truely love the Lord. They bring Christ into everything they do. This morning on my way in I was of course listening and my heart was breaking. Rick was talking about emails that he was getting about a family in Opp, AL that lost there 2 year old twins this week in a horrible drowning accident. People had been sending him emails about this family bc nearly 18 months ago he too lost his young son.


He just asked that everyone pray for this family.


He made a remark that really struck me, one that I have never really thought of until he put it this way. He said that during the death of his son people would say to him, "We dont know why things like this happen". His comment to those people was, "Well I do, because God said it was to be"


I know that to be true but never have really understood or looked at the "Why" before in this way. We always want answers, but at a time of grief do not think about the answers already being there in God's word.


I cannot nor do I ever want to know what this family this family is going through, losing a family member is hard enough, but I cannot imagine the pain from the loss of a child. I have a friend that I went to school with that lost two babies before she even met them and is now pregnant with a healthy baby boy who will soon be welcomed by a big brother and sister. I am so excited for her and her family and I know and she knows that her babies are in heaven sitting on the lap of Christ.


I ask that we all lift Greg and Meridth Ramer of Opp, AL up to the Lord as they mourn the loss of Kendall and Braden Ramer. I do not know this family, but through Christ we are all brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months