Thursday, July 2, 2009

HIS PROMISE

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy: I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

My preacher talked about the verse above last night during Wednesday night service. It was so ironic that he was talking about this, especially after a conversation that I had had with a really good friend just hours before. My preacher had been to a funeral earlier in the day of a young boy who had been killed on a 4 wheeler wreck. He was only 13. John spoke of the grief that the mother was going through. I cannot even imagine. John talked about the loneliness in the mother and not knowing if she knew the Lord. I dont know this family so I will not judge but even Gracie had mentioned after church that the little boy might not have known Jesus, and she wondered what God would let happen to him since he was a kid - that broke my heart.

I cannot imagine my life without Christ. Just a dark world of wandering and going no where. Out of the Jews, the disciples and the Twelve in John 6, only the Twelve stayed bc they knew there was no where to go if they left Jesus.

Just like in the verse above the thief came into this family, we can only pray that the Lord will shine on this family and not allow the family to be destroyed.

We can take this verse to other areas of our lives other than death. Work right now has been less than happy. I am feeling broke down at work. I have been blaming it on my hormones - being pregnant changes everything, but I now believe that it is more than that. I have enjoyed my job for so long and felt such a part and important and needed. I think that maybe Satan has caught on to my joy and has saught to destroy that part of comfort that I have had. The same thing happens in marriages, in church's, with children and in our relationship with Christ.


If we have Jesus - like Gracie says "Jesus is tangled in her heart" meaning that like a large tangle of Christmas lights, He will not come undone if He is tangled in our hearts. I just love that, so innocent but what a huge meaning.


The thief has sought to destroy me before, my family, my attitude and my relationship with Christ. But in my weakness Christ stood strong and held my family together, made my attitude happier and strengthened my love for Him. For without Christ I am nothing


My blessings are to huge to count, but my Lord continues to bless me. Just a few of my blessings below. My husband and my kids, my grandparents, my brothers and my mom and pop. I also have a really great mother and father-in-law who accept me as if I am theirs and love my kids totally - just didnt have any pictures available, and a Dad who lives in Nashville, whom I never get to see but I love him just as much.

1 comment:

Sophie's Growing Chart

Born - Dec 29, 2009 - 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long

2 Weeks old - hospitalized for pnuemonia and RSV

4weeks - 7lbs 5 oz

6 weeks - first Valentines

8 weeks - went to stay with Granny/momma went back to work

9 weeks - slept all night for first time

12 weeks - started holding things and putting in mouth

3 Months - first shots - 13lbs 9.6oz 23 1/2 inches long

3 Months 2 weeks - giggled out loud for first time

3 Months 3 1/2 weeks - starting to grab feet and put in her mouth

4 Months - rolling over

5 Months - first accident - fell off Granny's couch

6 months - 17 lbs 6 oz - sits alone, rolls everywhere, getting on knees to try and crawl

7 Months - completely crawling, took a few steps by herself

7 months - fell out of baby bed

9 months -20lb 3.2 ozs, walking without help, still not sleeping all night, but only gets up once, says dada, bye bye and papa








How many visitors have we had

track website hit

Backgrounds

Brand New

Brand New

1 Month

1 Month

2 Months

2 Months

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months

4 Months

5 Months

5 Months

6 Months

6 Months

Seven Months

Seven Months

8 Months

8 Months

9 Months

9 Months